Tuesday, February 10, 2009

How Austin Became: The Live Music Capital of the World

The Music City

We used to laugh when people referred to Austin as the "Live Music Capital of the World." Back then the city was a lot smaller and the tag-line seemed more like a marketing strategy than a reflection of reality. The drag was still lined with little apartment stores. People drove around in rectangular cars. Armadillos walked the streets and tumbleweeds bounced around in the southern winds. And so on...

I was out walking near Town Lake the other day with my SLR, (as I am want to do), when I stumbled upon a gawdy looking piece of artwork. Immediately I was awestruck with pride. Tears lept from my eyeducts as I sang the National Anthem (not knowing what else to do in order to express my patriotism). This art was obviously commemorating the supernatural musicality of our city.

If you happen to witness a disfunctional looking crane attached to a metal guitar, you will know what I am talking about. You will cry too.

You showed 'um Austin. Damnit. You showed them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
©2008-2009 All rights reserved
Share/Save/Bookmark

Photoblogs.org - The Photoblogging Resource
bgustafsson

coolphotoblogs.com my profile VFXY Photos photo blogs, top photoblogs Photography Directory by PhotoLinks photography homepages link